Sunday, April 16, 2006

World sadness has got her down, "What's the use in living healthy?"


51 Female quirky English tarot card reader with a sad outlook on the world complains of shoulder and clavicle pain.

A long history of heavy smoking and huge breasts could be the culprit! I know smoking and large breast are quite sexy sometimes but not so with Mrs. S.

Emotionally...Mrs S. is a romantic pessimist. Living at home raising foster children has given her a grand sense of accomplishment yet pity and loss that the world has run out of hope.

I asked her why she continues to smoke knowing her father died of lung cancer.

She said she has a 'death wish.' Through her experience of fostering neglected children she has seen the world we live in and doesn't like it a bit. Loss for the will to live could be a kidney deficiency sign. But Mrs S. came in for her shoulder pain and thats what I needed to fix first.

She is very much in pain with her left shoulder, which first started off with a slight discomfort she ignored around her upper shoulder, neck and inner arm. This represents the lung area in Chinese medicine, but after she courageously tried to lift an American sized fridge she might have done some other damage.

Her shoulder pains are exacerbated by her huge breasts. Mrs S. I had to point out needed a more accomadating Bra. I recomended a girdle in which a shoulder strap wouldn't dig into her most painful "Hot Spots."

She said quite enthusiatically "My husband would love me in one of those!"

Along with her other many complaints was her rather embarrasing lack of bladder discipline. She laughs but definietly doesn't think it's funny when she pees.

Physiologically, the bladder is directly connected to the small intestine from where it receives its waste.

In Chinese medicine, the bladder's function relies upon the energy recieved from the kidneys. Most of the time it's related to kidney-yang deficiency.

Mrs. S is rather large...over 50 lbs overweight. Being overweight is an accumulation of dampness which is the most common pathogen in bladder disharmony patterns.

Her clinical manifestations were frequent/pale/abundant urination, incontinence, a pale, wet tongue and a deep week pulse.

I believe it was caused by her unhealthy lifestyle habits and living in cold, damp places like England. Women are particularly vulnerable to invasion of cold to the lower burner (the lowest area of the three energy promoting portions body), particularly during menstruation.

I began with auricular (ear) therapy for her pain by placing a few needles in spots I detected in her ear with my pointoselecto (electronic detection device). On her painful shoulder areas, I started off with some electro-stimulated acupuncture but the position her arm was in was too uncomfortable. So, I switched to cupping and scraping which she liked. She felt amazing she said for eight hours but the pain came back again.

So, the next treatment, two days later, I gave her more cupping and scraping and gave it a go again with electric acupuncture.

Well..for a moment I thought I electrocuted Mrs. S. when she twinged with pain...Her intensity level I thought was tolerable while I set it intially but it somehow made some sort breakthrough tens minutes later out of the blue.

Her shoulder was visibly spasming quite violently while I scurried to shut the machine off.

Luckily, she was fine after a while. I continued with cupping and scaping which she liked. Thankfully, Mrs. S. booked in again next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home